Drivers - Requirements and Benefits
Interested in driving for Davis Express? This page will provide you with the information that will help get you onboard with our team.
Davis Express requires that all drivers:
- Be at least 23 years old.
- Possess a valid Class A CDL.
- Have a minimum of 24 months of verifiable tractor/trailer experience within the past 7 years.
- Have no more than 2 moving violations of any kind within the last 3 years.
- Have no Serious Moving Violations within the last 3 years (improper lane changes, following too close, speeding 15+, etc.)
- Be able to pass a DOT physical.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to pass a functional capacity test.
- No DUI within the past 7 years.
Davis Express provides the following benefits:
- Health Insurance: Employee coverage only, Self insured through SISCO, utilizing the CIGNA Health Network
- Free Dental Insurance, employee only
- Free $20,000 Life Insurance Policy.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- 401K (available after 1 year).
- Layover & Detention pay
- Pick up and delivery pay for additional stops.
- Paid weekly by direct deposit
- Driver referral bonus
- Assigned tractors
- Conventional air-ride tractors.
- All trucks are equipped with a TriPac APU and 1800 Watt power inverter
- Paid Vacation - 1 week after completion of 1st year; 2 weeks after completion of 5th year.
- Out for 7 days and home for 2, or home every-other weekend for 48 hours.
- Penny-per-mile Safety Bonus.
|Amount of Experience
||Pay Rate (cents per mile)span>
|1 Year Tractor Trailer
||38 CPM, after training period
|2 Years OTR
|3 Years OTR
|4 Years OTR
|5 Years OTR (maximum starting pay)
Seniority Pay for Full Time Drivers (Effective June 4, 2011):
|Amount of Time With Davis Express
||Pay Rate (cents per mile)
- Additional cent per mile for safety bonus (paid in June and December)
- Mileage pay includes 10 cents per diem
- Referral bonus is $1000 plus one cent per mile for referring a new driver
- Reimbursed 100% of loading and unloading (with receipt)
- Paid Orientation $1000
- Assistance for transportation to Orientation
||Percent of Miles per State
- Tennessee (select areas)
- South Carolina
- North Carolina (select areas)
- Southern Kentucky
For convenience and security purposes, Davis Express maintains equipment dropyards at each of the following locations:
- US 301 South, Starke, FL 32091 (Primary terminal / shop)
- 1700 Hurricane Shoals Dacula, GA 30019 (Secondary terminal / shop)
- 8007 Armstrong Road, Milton, FL 32570 (Davis Express parking/equipment drop)
- 330 West Brannen Road, Lakeland, FL 33801 (Truck Works)
- 1234 Bridgestone Parkway, LAVERGNE, TN 37086 (Palm Truck Repair)
Have additional questions? You can check out our FAQ's Page or email our Human Resources Department.